Cable Systems: Commissioning & Maintenance Test
Provide the knowledge required to manage the power cables from commission to condition assessment
during their lives.
The Masterclass will start with reviewing of the existing electrical stresses within the power cables and describing the main defects that can be present. The participant will have complete understanding of the International standard requirements for power cable commissioning as well as the diagnostic test required to complete the commissioning. This will also include the safety precautions to be used for each test especially on the high voltage testing. The instructor will further explain the measurement of offline partial discharge on Extra High Voltage cable and will also include special test which is an add-on on the commissioning procedures.
Relevant maintenance tests available for assessing the presence of the cable’s defects are then described during the second and third session in order to provide the right tools to properly design the testing strategy based on the characteristics of the cable systems installed.
- Electrical engineer
- Service engineer & Testing Engineering
- Project engineers / EPC Contractors
- Engineering, Testing and Maintenance
- Managers / Maintenance personnel / Technicians
- Engineers who wish to learn how to assess the cable conditions.
- Engineers who want to know how to assess their existing cables and also the test performed in the commissioning.
- Anyone involves in HVAC cables, Extra High voltage, Medium voltage cable systems.
You will Learn
- Cable Classification: Provides the basic to recognize the differences between the existing cable systems.
- Typical defects: Provides an overview of the possible issues which can occur within the cable systems. Partial discharge and Water trees processes are described in depth since are the two most common issues in the modern cables.
- Commissioning Test: Review the international standard and provide practical test procedures
- Diagnostic Test: Provides an explanation of the diagnostic test, general procedure, test result evaluation. This will help engineers to select the right test based on with benchmark has to be monitored. (Diagnostic tests to international standards)
- Assessment strategies: Provides a guideline for design the assessment strategy (including commissioning and condition assessment) within their plant/network
- Cable design and characteristics
- Cable systems classification
- Cable defects
- Cable Commissioning test (Mv)
- Cable Commissioning test (HV /EHV)
- Cable Maintenance test Part 1
- Cable Maintenance test Part 2
- Assessment strategies
- Over 30 years’ experience in the field of diagnostics, monitoring and life management of the electrical plants.
- Inventor and developer of insulating liquid quality continuous monitoring system.
- Founder and managing director of a company (Emphasis on continuous online monitoring and diagnostics of power transformers).
- Sought after speaker and active participant of many seminars and workshops about thermal performance and transformer moisture assessment and management.
- Member of IEEE Transformer Committee, member of various CIGRE working groups. Author and co-author of over 20 technical publications.