Certified Competency Certificate : Partial Discharge Assessment (Measurement, Data Analysis & Interpretation)
Learn about how to evaluate the conditions of the medium and high voltage electrical assets by performing Partial Discharge test and analysis. (Cables, Switchgear, Transformer and Rotating Machines)
- Electrical engineers: to learn about partial discharge and gain knowledge.
- Engineers interested on PD data analysis and interpretation.
- Asset managers: to evaluate the condition of their assets.
- Maintenance engineers/technicians: to perform condition assessment test and/or re-commissioning after repair.
- Engineering and maintenance personnel who are involved in condition assessments of electrical assets.
- Company who employed 3rd party to perform partial discharge testing: will learn what information to look for in order to do the correct analysis based on the asset/test performed. This will help to evaluate the test reports provided by third party contractors and in selecting the right test follow up action.
- Any industries/engineers involved with: Cables (MV: 6kV – 35kV / High and Extra HV: 66kV – 500kV), Switchgear (AIS 6kV – 35kV / GIS: 35kV – 500kV), Transformers (MV: 6kV – 35kV/ HV and EHV: 66kV – 500kV), Motors (6.6kV – 11kV / 17.5kV) and Generators (6.6 – 30kV).
You will Learn
- Physical knowledge of partial discharge phenomena.
- PD Pattern analysis.
- Partial discharge measurement techniques.
- Partial discharge measurement limitations.
- Capability of selecting the right PD Acquisition unit based on the type of PD test to be done.
- Capability of selecting the right PD sensor based on the type of asset and acquisition unit.
- PD Data analysis principles for each asset / test.
- Assessment of the asset based on the PD data analysis results.
- Capability of selecting the right following action based on the assessment results.
- In-depth Partial discharge & Measurement
- Partial discharge assessment on Cables & Switchgears.
- Partial discharge assessment on Oil Filled & Dry Type Transformers.
- Partial discharge assessment on Rotating machines.
- Principal Technical Authorities and an expert in Partial Discharge Testing.
- Experience in Commissioning PD test assessment on HV Cables – Off-line / on-line test, PD test assessment on different assets – On-line/Off-line/ Laboratory test and Complete assessment on different assets – Off-line.
- Performed over more than 200 commissioning, laboratory and PD test assessment: Off-line / On-line (Generators, Motors, HV/MV Cables, GIS Substation, HV Series Reactor, AIS/GIS Switchgears and Transformers (Oil Type / Dry Type- Cast Resin).
- Provide PD Test Assessment on electrical Assets technical training.
- Experience throughout Europe, USA, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Travelled extensively, technical training and performed Partial Discharge testing in many countries worldwide. (Europe, USA, Asia, and the Middle East.)