Certified Competency: Partial Discharge Assessment (Measurement, Data Analysis & Interpretation) – (CPD UK Accredited)
Learn about how to evaluate the conditions of the medium and high voltage electrical assets by performing Partial Discharge test and analysis. (Cables, Switchgear, Transformer and Rotating Machines)
- Electrical engineers: to learn about partial discharge and gain knowledge.
- Engineers interested on PD data analysis and interpretation.
- Asset managers: to evaluate the condition of their assets.
- Maintenance engineers/technicians: to perform condition assessment test and/or re-commissioning after repair.
- Engineering and maintenance personnel who are involved in condition assessments of electrical assets.
- Company who employed 3rd party to perform partial discharge testing: will learn what information to look for in order to do the correct analysis based on the asset/test performed. This will help to evaluate the test reports provided by third party contractors and in selecting the right test follow up action.
- Any industries/engineers involved with: Cables (MV: 6kV – 35kV / High and Extra HV: 66kV – 500kV), Switchgear (AIS 6kV – 35kV / GIS: 35kV – 500kV), Transformers (MV: 6kV – 35kV/ HV and EHV: 66kV – 500kV), Motors (6.6kV – 11kV / 17.5kV) and Generators (6.6 – 30kV).
You will Learn
- Physical knowledge of partial discharge phenomena.
- PD Pattern analysis.
- Partial discharge measurement techniques.
- Partial discharge measurement limitations.
- Capability of selecting the right PD Acquisition unit based on the type of PD test to be done.
- Capability of selecting the right PD sensor based on the type of asset and acquisition unit.
- PD Data analysis principles for each asset / test.
- Assessment of the asset based on the PD data analysis results.
- Capability of selecting the right following action based on the assessment results.
- In-depth Partial discharge & Measurement
- Partial discharge assessment on Cables & Switchgears.
- Partial discharge assessment on Oil Filled & Dry Type Transformers.
- Partial discharge assessment on Rotating machines.
- Principal Technical Authorities and an expert in Partial Discharge Testing.
- Experience in Commissioning PD test assessment on HV Cables – Off-line / on-line test, PD test assessment on different assets – On-line/Off-line/ Laboratory test and Complete assessment on different assets – Off-line.
- Performed over more than 200 commissioning, laboratory and PD test assessment: Off-line / On-line (Generators, Motors, HV/MV Cables, GIS Substation, HV Series Reactor, AIS/GIS Switchgears and Transformers (Oil Type / Dry Type- Cast Resin).
- Provide PD Test Assessment on electrical Assets technical training.
- Experience throughout Europe, USA, Asia, and the Middle East.
- Travelled extensively, technical training and performed Partial Discharge testing in many countries worldwide. (Europe, USA, Asia, and the Middle East.)