Leading Practices in MRO Spares Parts Master Data Auditing & Cleansing for Cost Reduction
Evaluate your inventory catalogue, which is phase 1 of our 6 phase inventory reduction programme.
Most companies do a bad job in populating their MRO spare parts master data, i.e.
- Poor & inconsistent part naming
- Lack of attributes
- No BOMs
- Mfg’s P/N & Vendor P/Ns Mixed
- MPN No standardised formatting
- All master data fields are not populated
- High number of duplicates 10-15% is normal
- Inefficient use of tradesman time looking for spares
- Emergency purchases
- Excess machine downtime
- Cannibalization of a stand-by machine
- Lack of focus on standardisation & rationalisation
- Higher inventory costs
- Lack of training and experience
- Lack of cataloguing standards and guides
- Using Excel with no governance build in, i.e. no tool utilized specific for this activity
This course is designed for people who are involved in CMMS data management (SAP, Maximo, Oracle and etc) or want to understand MS ACCESS in the asset management function.
- Maintenance Engineers and support engineers
- Maintenance planners
- Preventive Maintenance
- CMMS Engineers
- CMMS IT administrators
- CMMS planers or anyone who populated data into CMMS Project
- Engineers responsible for specifying, buying spares and setting up the spares information in the CMMS
- Equipment Engineers / Spares personnel
- Anyone who wants to understand how to achieve an effective CMMS system (same concepts can be used to evaluate Equipment, Assets, PM routines)
- Companies already with a populated CMMS, considering upgrade of their existing system (e.g Maximo to SAP etc) or considering implementing a CMMS will benefit.
You will Learn
- Principles of good cataloguing
- Building a Tool to audit and cleanse spares part master data (the same principles are required for all CMMS master data(equipment, PMs, failure codes, etc)
- Utilising the tool to audit both a case study dataset as well as the delegates own data and then to move to the cleansing stage
- using their own company dataset. This course is unique in that the company and delegate will derive immediate benefits from hand-on experience and support of the consultant.
- Functions to standadise part descriptions,
- Identify duplicates based on part numbers
- Analysis of different manufacturers,
- Identifying inconsistencies in value lists for mfgs and vendors, etc.
- Overview Auditing MRO Spare Parts Management
- Auditing MRO Spare Parts Master Data
- Building an Effective Cataloguing
- Documenting the Cataloguing Process
- MS Access Level 1 - Basic Use
- MS Access Level 2 - Medium
- Auditing Your Company’s Data
- Approaches to Data Cleansing
- Cleansing Your Company’s Data
- Developing BOMs
- Improving the Spares Data from Vendors
- Assigning Prioritisation Classifications
- Developing an Implementation Plan
- Conducted over 400 audits including fast track audits, in-depth audits and distance audits in maintenance management
- Currently working for Worley Parsons in UK writing document for a number of FEED projects worldwide.
- Interest in helping companies collect better data and to try and make reliability of interest to the regular maintenance engineer by concentrating on applications rather than complex mathematical theory.
- Developed Policy and procedures documents for a number of Oil & Gas Companies.
- Wrote standard and guidelines on many topics on maintainability, RCA, work packs, Shutdown planning and failure code systems.
- Wrote over 400 audits reports covering excellence in Maintenance management and in specialist topics spares, CMMS, KPIs and Reliability Management system.
- Presented Papers at several Maintenance & Reliability Symposiums in Europe, Malaysia and Brazil.
- Undertaking a major CMMS data Cleansing Project as part of a CMMS upgrading.