Leading Practices in MRO Spares Parts Master Data Auditing & Cleansing (Finding issues and fixing them)
Evaluate your inventory catalogue, which is phase 1 of our 6 phase inventory reduction programme.
Many companies do a bad job in developing their MRO spare parts master data; there are many reasons for this. But it usually starts with bad submission of recommended spare parts from vendors, and then the actual cataloguing. This workshop focuses on achieving quality master data, which forms the foundations of inventory reduction such as Rationalisation and Optimisation Poor MRO spare parts master data results in an inability to find spares in stock, losses in the use of technician’s time, emergency purchases, duplication of stock, inability to develop a robust standardisation programme, all resulting in higher inventories and excess costs. This course goes much deeper to not only highlight good practices but to show how to identify inconsistencies in Spares cataloguing. We have delivered over 40 workshops on Spare Parts Optimisation and Inventory Reduction, plus we have audited many master data-sets and we find similar inconsistences irrespective of the industry or the CMMS system used. We have developed a 6 phase inventory reduction programme. This workshop covers the first 4 steps, i.e. to Audit, Document, Cleanse and Rationalise. Significant cost savings can be achieved, we have seen 60 - 70% reduction in the number of line items. Most companies have 10-15% duplicate line items, we have seen duplicate line items with a unit value of $9,000. The 3 days training will be showing real examples on why “3rd parties don’t always do a good job”. We will show two examples of cataloquing/ cleansing done by so called experts This is a new course for 2018 and has been developed as many previous delegates of our Inventory Reduction/Optimisation Workshop have returned to their workplace and haven’t had the skills and knowledge where to start to resolve their material catalogue issues The course is of particular benefit to companies who:
- Want to audit their spares master data quality or
- Need to upgrade their CMMS
- Want to standardise their data
- Want to reduce inventory levels and costs
- Want to comply with the new asset management standard ISO55000
This course is designed for people who are involved in CMMS data management (SAP, Maximo, Oracle and etc) or want to understand MS ACCESS in the asset management function.
- Maintenance Engineers and support engineers
- Maintenance planners
- Preventive Maintenance
- CMMS Engineers
- CMMS IT administrators
- CMMS planers or anyone who populated data into CMMS Project
- Engineers responsible for specifying, buying spares and setting up the spares information in the CMMS
- Equipment Engineers / Spares personnel
- Anyone who wants to understand how to achieve an effective CMMS system (same concepts can be used to evaluate Equipment, Assets, PM routines)
- Companies already with a populated CMMS, considering upgrade of their existing system (e.g Maximo to SAP etc) or considering implementing a CMMS will benefit.
You will Learn
- Auditing the quality of Spare parts Master Data (cataloguing)
- Identify inconsistencies in your cataloguing data
- Using different approaches to cleansing (removing the inconsistencies)
- Understanding ISO5500 and what it means for inventory management
- Using MS Access, the tool of choice for this activity (more effective than MS Excel)
- Defining standard/Guides for cataloguing to ensure consistency
- Use same concepts to build other applications in MS Access, (for auditing equipment, PM data etc)
- Identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Analysing suppliers to reduce the number of suppliers
- Overview Auditing MRO Spare Parts Management
- Auditing MRO Spare Parts Master Data
- Building an Effective Cataloguing
- Documenting the Cataloguing Process
- MS Access Level 1 - Basic Use
- MS Access Level 2 - Medium
- Auditing Your Company’s Data
- Approaches to Data Cleansing
- Cleansing Your Company’s Data
- Developing BOMs
- Improving the Spares Data from Vendors
- Assigning Prioritisation Classifications
- Developing an Implementation Plan
- Conducted over 400 audits including fast track audits, in-depth audits and distance audits in maintenance management
- Currently working for Worley Parsons in UK writing document for a number of FEED projects worldwide.
- Interest in helping companies collect better data and to try and make reliability of interest to the regular maintenance engineer by concentrating on applications rather than complex mathematical theory.
- Developed Policy and procedures documents for a number of Oil & Gas Companies.
- Wrote standard and guidelines on many topics on maintainability, RCA, work packs, Shutdown planning and failure code systems.
- Wrote over 400 audits reports covering excellence in Maintenance management and in specialist topics spares, CMMS, KPIs and Reliability Management system.
- Presented Papers at several Maintenance & Reliability Symposiums in Europe, Malaysia and Brazil.
- Undertaking a major CMMS data Cleansing Project as part of a CMMS upgrading.