Managing & Improving Electronic Products Reliability Across the Entire Lifecycle – From Prototype into Volume Manufacture
Set up and manage World Class Electronic Reliability Improvement Programmes to drive Failure Rate Reduction
- Reliability engineers.
- Test engineers.
- NPI engineer/ Manager (Product)
- R&D engineers.
- Research Team.
- Electronic and electro mechanical designers / manufacturers
- Quality Assurance/Quality Lab/Departments.
- Design Team.
- Design reliability section.
- Electronic Team.
- Testing companies provides reliability testing.
- Anyone who is doing reliability testing at design stage.
- Contract manufacturers - There remains a need to understand reliability to add value to the service being provided to the client. This knowledge would be a big advantage for doing in-house. By in-house mean, they benefit from being able to analyse their test data themselves. Analysis of test data and being able to discuss results in more professional manner
You will Learn
- Understand how to develop Unique and Effective Low Cost Accelerated Stress Test programmes.
- Predict Reliability from Accelerated Testing.
- Understand how to focus on Early Life Reliability Testing and Improvement to drive Customer Satisfaction improvement.
- Realizing the need to develop unique Reliability Test programmes as opposed to following old ineffective Military Standards for Reliability Testing.
- How to set up a World Class Reliability Test approach to suit all product types.
- Changing company culture from Retrospective to Predictive.
- Giving engineers and management the ability to control and predict Process Reliability.
- Learn how to improve and manage Design Quality.
- Understanding Basic Reliability
- Understanding MTTF and effect on Product Level Fail Rates
- Accelerated Stress Testing and effect of Activation Energy
- Understand Accelerated Testing to set up Predictive Testing Models for all products at RD stage
- Semiconductor Defect Types Review
- Brainstorming session to define most effective Sequential Stress Test programme for packaged device reliability evaluation
- Statistics involved in Reliability Estimation and Decision Making
- Evaluating the effectiveness of different stress test types with the Hughes Test Strength Equation
- Relationship of Manufacturing Yield with Early Life Failure Rate
- Life Test Planning
- Sub-Assy Reliability Stress Testing
- Weibull Analysis of Failure data and how to apply to any product failure data
- Applying DOE using Fractional Factorial techniques to maximise effect of Stress Test with reduced samples
- Setting up strong Design Quality Test Programme and using Design Maturity Measurement to measure Design Capability
- Predicting Field fail Rates using development test Information from a Design Quality Engineering Test programme
- Setting up New Product Introduction scoring model to deliver strongest Design Quality into Mass Production to maximise Reliability
- Extensive experience of working in the demanding fast moving electronics market of China over a period of 20 years and understands very well how chinese companies need fast and strong solutions, this is what Reliability Solutions has provided to a wide range of companies manufacturing in China. His energetic and strong approach has helped many companies greatly improve their Reliability and reduce Field Failure service costs significantly in very short and aggressive time frames'.
- High Volume companies he has consulted with include TPV, Atmel, Amtran, LtreOn, Hua-Wei, Emerson, TCL,etc.