Looking After Transformer Insulating Liquids Best Practices
How to assess condition of electrical insulating materials of power transformers using laboratory test procedures and instrumentation, following recently updated the IEEE and IEC standards.
This two days Online Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) will highlight “Best practices” in selection, maintenance and testing electrical insulating materials found in liquid immersed transformers.
Laboratory diagnostics:This course will train engineers (who is not directly involved in the laboratory) how to use lab information / reports to manage transformer insulating liquid. It will also help understanding of limitations and importance of proper taking and handling (of) oil samples.
Instrumentation:Participants will gain knowledge about procedures and instrumentation used in the lab to complement fast developing and emerging online continuous asset monitoring and diagnostics. In particular, they will learn about gas chromatography, oil dielectric breakdown test set, tan delta, Karl Fischer titration, and many other test instruments and methods.
Recently updated IEEE and IEC standards:Part of the webinar will be dedicated to recently updated international standards related to assessment and testing of electrical insulation materials widely used in modern transformers.
Online monitoring and diagnostic software (With Live Demonstration): The trainer will be showcasing online insulating liquid monitoring and diagnostic software. This online monitoring system continuously senses parameters characterizing quality and performance of the liquid, while a transformer undertakes its duty of reliable operation. In addition, the monitoring system can process historical lab data and provide diagnostics based on well-developed and industry accepted standard methods.
- Electrical asset engineer/manager who wants a broader and more in-depth understanding of maintenance needs and failure modes.
- Anyone who is interested in understanding problems and solutions associated with managing key assets of an electric utility.
- Anyone who is involved in developing and implementing life maintenance strategies of transformers.
- Utility engineers, managers, technical officers and technicians, business & strategy staff, regulatory compliance staff, IT and OT staff and all those involved in day-to-day asset management.
- All levels who have an interest in intelligent transformer monitoring and diagnostics.
- Utility R&D involved in developing new technologies for condition-based maintenance and operation of the electric plants.
- Maintenance Managers/ Supervisors/ Engineers, Facilities Managers/ Supervisors/ Engineers,Utility Managers/ Supervisors/ Engineers, Plant Maintenance Head, Plant Supervisors/ Managers/ Engineers , Electrical Maintenance Managers/ Engineers, Electrical and Test Managers/ Engineers, Head of Engineering, Manufacturing and Production Managers/Supervisors/Engineers, Operations Managers/ Supervisors/ Engineers.
You will Learn
- Predict the presence of incipient fault conditions and how to classify them into different categories
- Establish the proper methodology of analysing moisture-in-oil test results
- Understand how knowing insulating material aging characteristics can help extend a transformer life.
- Perform a proper oil sampling techniques and procedures
- Leverage Gemini+ Insulating Oil Diagnostic Software
- New methods and technics recently introduced in IEEE and IEC standards
- New standards development in the area of insulating liquids and other material
- Innovation and digitalization in transformer oil analysis
- WORLD-CLASS TRANSFORMER MAINTENANCE STRATEGIES
- INTRODUCTION TO TRANSFORMER LIQUID INSULATION AND COOLING
- OIL ANALYSIS FUNDAMENTALS
- OIL SAMPLING - THE VERY BEST PRACTICES
- LIQUID PROPERTIES ANALYSIS
- CONTAMINATION CONTROL & PROACTIVE MAINTENANCE
- FAULT DETECTION & WEAR PARTICLE ANALYSIS
- Over 30 years’ experience in the field of diagnostics, monitoring and life management of the electrical plants.
- Inventor and developer of insulating liquid quality continuous monitoring system.
- Founder and managing director of a company (Emphasis on continuous online monitoring and diagnostics of power transformers).
- Sought after speaker and active participant of many seminars and workshops about thermal performance and transformer moisture assessment and management.
- Member of IEEE Transformer Committee, member of various CIGRE working groups. Author and co-author of over 20 technical publications.
Online – Virtual instructor-led
ENERGY1 ASIA Virtual instructor-led Training (ONLINE)
Due to the recent developments with COVID-19 we have, for the health and safety of our speakers and attendees, our selected multi-day courses will be delivered live online led by experience practitioners. This will enable you to experience a similar engagement experience to our successful traditional classroom setting which includes exercises, answering your question and provide feedback – all without having to travel anywhere!