(ONLINE) Remote Project Management
Best practices and techniques for remote project management, team building, and leadership.
Managing projects remotely has been occurring for some time; especially with the expansion of global markets. However, the pandemic of 2020 has made it more difficult to visit job sites and to coordinate team or supplier activities. This has led countless people and organization into unfamiliar territory.
These 3 days Online Virtual instructor-led Training (VILT) will focus on how to communicate online effectively, how to manage both teams and individuals from afar, and how to become or continue to be an approachable and successful project manager or participant whose leadership transcends from project to project. Attendees will understand how to successfully initiate, manage, and complete projects from home, as well as how the process differs compared to face-to face management systems and styles.
The Online VILT are highly based on the instructor remote PM experience over the years which include a number of clients from fortune 100 utilities. The 3 days content also complies with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) guidelines.
This course will provide best industry practices, useful tips, and real examples for remote project management. The fundamentals or project management will also be covered. This will be augmented by case studies and exercises.
- Project executive and Managers.
- Plant engineers
- Environmental specialists
- Chemical, process and I&C engineers.
- Operations managers
- Outage planners
You will Learn
- Review the project planning process, including how to build a Work Breakdown Structure and reviewing potential risks.
- Discuss the different tools teams can use while developing and executing a project, as well as the communications tactics to employ.
- Review best practices for conducting meetings, as well as leadership tactics that will help to streamline productivity,expectations, and communication.
- Explain how to manage individual and group success and how to monitor towards a successful project completion.
- A review of project management fundamentals, new technology platforms and the pros/cons of remote PM
- Scope - How to determine the scope of a project using a WBS and preventing scope creep
- Costs - how to develop a budget with a geographically dispersed team.
- Communications - effective communications with your team, management, and client. This is especially critical in directing remote projects.
- Stakeholder Analysis - includes how to identify and manage stakeholders
- Risk Review - you will learn how to conduct a risk review with a remote team
- Schedule - how to develop a schedule from the WBS and use it as both a communications tool and a control tool.
- Over 20 years of experiences in project management in the electric energy field with an extensive background in the utility in the industry.
- Directed over $3.5-billion in power projects (nuclear, fossil, alternative)
- Licensed professional engineer (PE) and certified project manager (PMP)
- Have had engagements in UAE, Finland, Germany, New Zealand, etc.(significant remote PM experience)
- Currently serve on the Boards of two energy companies
- Teaching project management in the electric energy field for over 20 years
- Taught project management for two major universities
Online – Virtual instructor-led
ENERGY1 ASIA Virtual instructor-led Training (ONLINE)
Due to the recent developments with COVID-19 we have, for the health and safety of our speakers and attendees, our selected multi-day courses will be delivered live online led by experience practitioners. This will enable you to experience a similar engagement experience to our successful traditional classroom setting which includes exercises, answering your question and provide feedback – all without having to travel anywhere!