Rotor Dynamics & Bearings Technologies (Lateral / Torsional Vibration Analysis & Fluid-Film Bearings)
Technical understanding of bearings and lateral and torsional rotor dynamics emphasizing bearing design, function, and influence on lateral vibrations, as well as, the general vibrational behavior of rotating machinery and strategies to improve its rotor dynamic performance.
- Mechanical Engineers, Rotating Equipment Engineers, Maintenance engineers
- Reliability Engineers / Predictive Maintenance Staff, Operation / Production Staff
- Overhaul staff / Technical staff
- Project engineers, Plant engineers
- Engineering managers and Asset managers
- OEM (Original Equipment manufacturer)
You will Learn
- Understanding of fluid-film bearings design guidelines.
- Fluid-film bearing types, configuration and application in rotating machinery.
- Fluid-film bearings lubricant type, properties and its influence on bearing performance including heating, cooling, stability, instability and acceptable performance.
- Rotating machinery dynamics (lateral & torsional vibration) fundamentals.
- Rotor dynamics design criteria and limitation to machinery operation.
- Rotating assembly operational mode shapes and meaning, resonance and critical speed conditions and required separation margins for machinery safe operation.
- Balancing criteria and its influence on machinery vibration levels.
- Considerations of retrofit components in rotating machinery, such as bearings and couplings, and their influence of machinery vibration levels and acceptability.
- Drive train torsional characteristic and considerations on its dynamic performance with replacement of components such as coupling, flywheel, rotating assembly mass, stiffness and inertia properties.
- Introduction to Bearings
- Sliding Surface Bearings
- Fluid - Film Bearings Types and Applications
- Bearings State-of-the-Art Technology
- Introduction & Overview
- Basics of Machinery Vibration – Introduction
- Rotor Dynamics & Torsional Vibration - Basics
- Rotor Dynamics – Theory
- Rotor Dynamics – Advanced
- Requirements for Rotor Dynamics analyses
- Rotor Dynamics Detailed Case History
- Torsional Vibration – Advanced
- Torsional Vibration Detailed Case Histories
- State-of-the-Art Technology Presentation & Demonstration
- Skilled Instructors combined over 65 Years of Experience in the fields of rotor dynamics, fluid-film and rolling-element bearings, machinery vibration, failure analysis and troubleshooting.