Motors & Variable Frequency Drives (VFD)
Master the most important aspects related to the proper installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance and operation of Variable Frequency drives in the distribution system.
This 3 half days virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) will highlight the proper installation of Variable Frequency Drives. VFDs are being installed more frequently today; however, there are still several installations with VFD Issues being ignored or incorrectly being addressed. Examples of improper installations will be discussed to indicate potential problems that can cause damaging consequences.
This course will provide an overview on the Distribution System from the Point of Common Coupling (Incoming Utility Power Connection Point) right down to the connection location of the motor(s). Participant will be made aware of all the installation guidelines needed to ensure a successful installation of VFDs.Attendees will further improve their practical knowledge on:
- Motor Performance and Mechanical Fundamentals
- VFDs and Benefits of Using Variable Frequency Drives
- Power Quality and Issues such as Harmonics , Bearing Currents, RF and EF interference
- Industrial, Commercial, Institutional Electrical Engineers, And Electrical Maintenance
- Consulting Electrical Engineers
- Project Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Field Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Plant Operators / Engineers
- Electrical Supervisors
- Managers In Charge of Plant Communication Infrastructure
You will Learn
- Typical Distribution System Overview
- Understanding AC Motors
- NEMA Motor Specification Part 30 and Part 31 Differences
- Evolution of Semiconductors
- Mechanical Fundamentals
- Understanding how Voltage and Frequency affect Motor Performance
- Understanding VFDs
- VFD Component layout
- Benefits of Using Variable Frequency Drives
- Power Quality and Upstream Issues
- Motor and Cable Downstream Issues
- Bearing Currents
- Temperature, Service Factor & Insulation Class
- VFD Cables: Why special VFD cables are recommended
- Radio Frequency and Electro Magnetic interference
- Programming and Testing
- Application Examples
- Review of VFD Specification
- Understanding AC Motors & Motor Specification
- Understanding Motor Performance and Mechanical Fundamentals
- Understanding VFDs and Benefits of Using Variable Frequency Drives
- Power Quality and Issues such as Harmonics , Bearing Currents, RF and EF interference.
- Temperature, Service Factor & Insulation Class, directing informed decisions using special VFD Cables
- Review of VFD Specification and relevant product features
- VFD Programming, Testing and commissioning.
- Application Examples, including Building and Industrial projects.
Online – Virtual instructor-led
- Reduce Cost
- Real case study.
- Able to join the training from own desk without having to leave the office.
- Able to attend training from own office, with clear visuals and features.
- Able to communicate and learn as in face to face.
- Using quiz, polls and online exercises to enhance learning
- The trainer is well-versed in this topic and speaks in clear terms giving examples when introducing each concept.